1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH SNAPCHAT. ENTRANT (“ENTRANT”) UNDERSTANDS THAT THEY ARE PROVIDING THER INFORMATION TO DUNKIN’ BRANDS, INC. AND NOT TO SNAPCAHT. THE INFORMATION ENTRANT PROVIDES WILL ONLY BE USED IN THE EVENT ENTRANT IS SELECTED AS A SWEEPSTAKES WINNER.
3. Sweepstakes Period/Description: The Dunkin’ Donuts Snap Your Way to Summer Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 8:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on 6/21/2017 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on 6/21/17 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
4. How to Enter: There are two (2) possible methods of entry into the Sweepstakes, as detailed below. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person regardless of method used.
Method A: In-Store Snapchat Method: To enter the Sweepstakes on Snapchat, Entrant must have a Snapchat account and be a follower of the Dunkin’ Donuts “dunkindonuts” Snapchat account. A Snapchat account can be opened for free by downloading the Snapchat application from the Apple store or Google Play. During the Sweepstakes Period, Dunkin’ Donuts will have a geo-filter available in multiple participating store locations. Entrants must take a photo of themselves using the promotional geo-filter at a participating Dunkin’ Donuts location (“Snap”) and send the Snap to the Dunkin Donut Snapchat account to receive one (1) entry (“Entry”) into the Sweepstakes. By sending a Snap to “dunkindonuts” during the Sweepstakes Period, Entrants acknowledge that they are 18 years of age or older (as of the date of Entry), they are legally residing in the U.S. , and that they have read and agree to these Official Rules. Due to the nature of Snapchat, Entries will disappear after viewing (Sponsor will take screenshots of all Entries). Entrants are encouraged to save their Snap (by taking a screenshot) if they’d like to refer back to it. Any Snap/Entry deemed inappropriate or containing unsuitable material, in Sponsor’s sole discretion will be disqualified. Snapchat is not affiliated with the Sweepstakes in any way and is not responsible for the administration of the Sweepstakes or the awarding of the Grand Prize (defined below). No endorsement or approval of Sweepstakes by Snapchat is expressed or implied. All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Standard data rates may apply. Entrant should see their wireless provider for pricing plan details.
Method B: : If Entrant does not wish to enter via their Snapchat account or does not have a Snapchat account, they may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org during the Sweepstakes Period, with “Dunkin’ Donuts Snap Your Way to Summer Sweepstakes” in the subject line. The email should include their full name, address, a statement that they are 18 years of age or older as of the date of Entry and they are legally residing in the U.S., and a note that they agree to these Official Rules in the body of the email in order to receive one (1) Entry.
5. Submission Guidelines: Each snap that is submitted to this Sweepstakes must comply with the following Submission Guidelines to be eligible. Any snap that, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, violates these Official Rules or the Submission Guidelines below will be disqualified and/or will not be eligible to win a prize.
The snap must NOT, in the sole discretion of Sponsor:
· Contain language that violates or infringes upon another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights (including, without limitation, trademark or copyright infringement), without permission;
· Disparage Sponsor or its products or services, Sponsor’s competitors or their products or services, or any other person or party affiliated with the Sweepstakes;
· Contain company names, product names, brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor, which participant has a limited license to use for this Sweepstakes;
· Contains the names, likenesses, or other indicia identifying any celebrities and/or other public or private figure, living or dead, without permission;
· Contain language that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, profane, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, controversial or libelous;
· Contain language that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
· Contain language that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to applicable laws or regulations; and/or
· Contain language in which the Released Parties do not wish to associate themselves with, in their sole discretion.
6. Prize Drawings/Prizes/Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): On or about one (1) business day after the Sweepstakes Period has ended, the Administrator, an independent judging agency, shall perform a random prize drawing (“Prize Drawing”), from among all eligible Entries that are received, in order to select one (1) potential Grand Prize winner (“Grand Prize”) and six (6) potential first prize winners. In the event there are no eligible Entries received for the Prize Drawing, Sponsor retains the right not to award the Grand Prize. The decisions of Administrator and Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning the Grand Prize are dependent upon the total number of eligible Entries received. There will be one (1) Grand Prize of ten-thousand dollars (ARV: $10,000) awarded in the form of a check. There will be six (6) first prize winners to receive coffee for the summer awarded in the form of Dunkin’ Donuts Gift Cards totaling one hundred and fifty dollars ($150) [based on five (5) coffees per week totaling eleven dollars and fifty cents ($11.50) per week for thirteen (13) weeks]. The ARV of each first prize is one hundred and fifty dollars ($150). The total ARV of all prizes available to be awarded in this sweepstakes is ten thousand nine hundred dollars ($10,900). No transfer, assignment or substitution for Grand Prize will be permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, in such circumstance, an alternate prize of equal value will be awarded and the Sponsor’s obligation to the winner will be fulfilled, and no other additional compensation will be provided. No responsibility or liability is assumed for damages, losses or injury resulting from acceptance or use of Grand Prize. Taxes related to the Grand Prize are the winner’s sole responsibility.
7. Prize Winner Notification/Verification: The potential Grand Prize winner is not an official winner unless and until Sponsor confirms such. The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified via email or Snapchat Direct Message, in accordance with the chosen Entry method, on or about one (1) business day after the Prize Drawing. The potential Grand Prize winner will then be required to sign and return via email, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Waiver/Publicity Release (where legal) and assignment of rights within seven (7) days of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate will be selected. If in any instance, notification attempt(s) for the potential Grand Prize winner fail for any reason, or if the potential Grand Prize winner is found to have not complied with these Official Rules, the Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential Grand Prize winner will be selected from among remaining eligible Entries, if any. By entering the Sweepstakes, all Entrants hereby consent to the use by the Released Parties of their Entry and all information contained therein including but not limited to, name, likeness, opinions, images, statements and/or other indicia of persona, and personally identifiable information (collectively “Likeness”), for any and all uses and purposes (including, without limitation, for purposes of advertising and trade) in any media now known or hereinafter developed in any manner throughout the world (including, without limitation, the World Wide Web and on-air) in perpetuity without additional consideration (where legal), consent or prior review, and upon request will provide written consent to such use. All decisions of Sponsor/Administrator relating to the Sweepstakes are final.
RULES: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in
disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ENTRANTS OR THE
GRAND PRIZE WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY PRIZE WINNERS THAT WILL BRING SUCH WINNER
OR SPONSOR INTO DISREPUTE (IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH
PRIZE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION.
Released Parties assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate
Entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming
associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error, which
may occur in the processing of the Entries in this Sweepstakes. Released Parties
are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone
network or lines, computer online systems, servers or other services, or
providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail due to technical
problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any
combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to
participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from
participation or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes or for other
errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic,
computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in
connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or
difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the
Sweepstakes, the processing of Entries, the announcement of the Grand Prize and
First Prize, fulfillment of Grand Prize and First Prizes, or in any
Sweepstakes-related materials. All interpretations of these Official Rules and
decisions by Sponsor are final. No software-generated, robotic, programmed,
script, macro or other automated Entries are permitted. Sponsor reserves the
right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual (and void all
associated Entries) it suspects or finds: (i) to have used a
software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated entry
or any other means to subvert the entry process; (ii) to have tampered with the
Entry process or the operation of this Sweepstakes; (iii) to be acting in
violation of these Official Rules; (iv) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or
disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other
person; or (v) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents
submitted in connection with this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY
INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR APPLICATION ASSOCIATED WITH
THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION
OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES
THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT
PERMITTED BY LAW. THE MASSACHUSETTS COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE
JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE
COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS SHALL GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO
JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION
OF THOSE COURTS. Entrants agree that the Released Parties (a) shall not be
responsible or liable for, and hereby release the Released Parties from, any
claims, losses, damages or injuries of any kind (including death) resulting, in
whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Sweepstakes
or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or from acceptance, receipt, possession
and/or use/misuse or inability to use the Grand Prize or First Prize, and (b)
have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in
fact or in law, with respect to the Grand Prize and First Prize, including,
without limitation, to such Grand Prize’s and First Prize’s quality or fitness
for a particular purpose. Released Parties shall not be liable for any injury,
damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity that may
be caused or contributed to (1) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act
or omission on the part of any of their agents, servants, employees or
independent contractors; (2) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or
omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of the
Released Parties; or (3) by any other cause, condition or event whatsoever
beyond the control of the Released Parties. Failure of Sponsor to enforce any
provision herein shall not be deemed a waiver of such. Sponsor reserves the
right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially
affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the
Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without
limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized
intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control
of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness,
integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right
in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes.
Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date,
notice will be posted where Sponsor deems fit and the Grand Prize and First
Prizes will be awarded via random drawing from among all eligible Entries
received by the end of the Sweepstakes Period up until the time of termination,
or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor. Sponsor’s
failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a
waiver of that provision. If any part of these Official Rules are determined to
be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not
limited to, the warranty and liability disclaimers set forth herein, then the
invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid,
enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original
provision and these Official Rules shall continue in effect. UNDER NO
CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANTS
HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR ANY
OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR BE LIABLE TO ANY ENTRANT OR
WINNER FOR DAMAGES THAT EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE GRAND PRIZE TO BE AWARDED TO
THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
9. Governing Law/Venue:
The sweepstakes is governed by, and will be construed in accordance with,
the laws of the commonwealth of Massachusetts, and the forum and venue for any
dispute shall be in Massachusetts. If the controversy or claim is not otherwise
resolved through direct discussions or mediation, it shall then be resolved by
final and binding arbitration administered by Judicial Arbitration and
Mediation Services, Inc., in accordance with its streamlined arbitration rules
and procedures or subsequent versions thereof (“Jams Rules”). The Jams Rules for selection of an arbitrator shall
be followed, except that the arbitrator shall be experienced and licensed to
practice law in Massachusetts. All proceedings brought pursuant to this
paragraph will be conducted in the Norfolk county of Massachusetts. The remedy for
any claim shall be limited to actual damages, and in no event shall any party
be entitled to recover punitive, exemplary, consequential, or incidental
damages, including attorneys’ fees or other such related costs of bringing a
claim, or to rescind this agreement or seek injunctive or any other equitable
relief. Entrants agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action
arising out of or connected with this sweepstakes shall be resolved
individually, without resort to any form of class action.
10. Request for the Name of the Winner and/or Official Rules: For the name of the Grand Prize and First Prize winners, available after the Sweepstakes Period has ended, or a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, to be received by 7/19/17, to: Dunkin’ Donuts Snap Your Way to Summer Sweepstakes, c/o Brand Connections, LLC, 26 Patriot Place, Suite 104, Foxborough, MA 02035. Consumers should note on the left-hand corner of the outer envelope if they are requesting the Name of the winner or Official Rules.
11. Sponsor: Dunkin’ Brands Inc., 130 Royall St., Canton, MA 02021.